Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Impressions of AZ

So now that I've been out in AZ for 2 weeks, I can begin to comment on the things that are quite mysterious to me. First things first, who taught these people to drive? Actually the question is Do they offer driver's ed in school out here. I seriously can't believe the # of MVAs that happen out here. I know what a lot is coming from the Chicago area, but come on. Seriously. I've seen more patients who were in an MVA in the 8 days I've treated patients than I ever had in the 4 years I was back in Illinois. Actually we have a patient right now who has been in 4 serious car accidents and is only 23. I'm sure you're thinking "what could be the cause of these horrible accidents?" I know I've been wondering that for 2 weeks. Here's what I think, in a list:

1. speed limits on interstates at 75mph
2. drivers who ignore the speed limit even if it's 40mph
3. no courtesy--they will not let you merge even w/ out of state plates--I think that makes them not want to let you merge even more
4. it is legal to carry a weapon--so think twice before you pony up to another car to flip the bird or lay on the horn
5. I have yet to experience it, but I've heard when it rains the oils come up to the surface of the road making it really slick leading to lots of swerving and breaking glass.

And as you all know if you have a problem list it is best to come up w/ a solution list. So here's mine and it's not a list, just 1 simple thing:

Bus all these idiot drivers to Chicago in February when we have 10" of snow on the ground. They'd learn really fast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL - I like all-inclusive lists :)
Drivers are that bad, huh?

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home