Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Monday, July 03, 2006

I Bought it Cause it Wasn't Supposed to Break

Any Honda owners out there? I am the proud owner of a Honda which I bought brand new in '04 based on the fact that they are excellently made cars, the engine never dies (well maybe at 200,000+miles), and that rarely are there problems w/ it. I also chose to purchase brand new b/c I didn't want any problems. Well, I've had several problems since owning it and the most recent is the locking mechanism on the driver's side door. I discovered this weekend that my remote would not lock the driver's door. I thought it might be the battery and I replaced it, but the problem still persisted. As I searched further, I found out that the remote would lock all other doors, but the driver's door. Also, when I tried to lock and unlock it from the inside w/ the button, it still would not work. The only way I could lock or unlock my driver's side door was to use the key. So 2 out of 3 mechanisms to lock/unlock the door are not working. Of course it's beyond the factor warranty and of course I did not buy the extended warranty b/c Honda's never break. I should have known that I would have problems when I had a flat tire 1 month after I bought the car (poor seal on the alloy wheel), and when the tiny light bulb on the cruise control burnt out (the service man kindly told me that in the 20+ years he worked w/ Honda's he never had to replace the bulb). It's my lucky day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Travelin' PT said...

Sally--you are too funny!!!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home