Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yosemite National Park

It is difficult for me to put into words the awe and wonder I experienced when I visited the oldest national park, Yosemite (CA), established in 1864 when president Abraham Lincoln signed papers in the first ever effort to preserve public land. I traveled there with little knowledge of the park and a vague picture in my mind. I feel blessed to have known so little before I went because it made the impact of the beauty and grandeur so much more for me. I was completely awestruck when I drove out of a 1/4 mile long tunnel to see what is known as "the tunnel view," El Capitan (on the left), Bridalveil Falls, and Half Dome (on the right). El Capitan is the world's highest monolith and attracts rock climbers from around the world.





















Below is a similar view of El Capitan, Bridalveil Falls, and Half Dome on a cloudy/foggy day.


















Below is Bridalveil Falls as seen from the "tunnel view."



















Bridalveil Falls on a cloudy and foggy day.



Yosemite Falls from the swinging bridge on the valley floor.


If you have had the opportunity to visit one of our many national parks, consider yourself blessed. If you have not, treat yourself to God's amazing creations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney O. said...

Beautiful! Amazing.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home