Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It Must Have Been the Elevation

I feel obligated to take the time to retract an earlier statement I have made: "Thank Goodness for Guiness." Now, for most of those who know me, I don't like beer, not even Corona. So I have to sink low and order cider if they ever have it, which is like never. It's amazing the number of people who work in the food industry and don't know what "hard" cider is. I had to find something else and I found guiness. But after buying a 6 pack this weekend back in Phoenix, I realized that I don't really like guiness. Perhaps it was because I didn't have a tall frosted glass for it (it seems to lose something in the bottle) or maybe it is the lower elevation. Perhaps it was my lack of hydration or my excess fatigue. Whatever it was, I no longer can say "thank goodness for guiness." It will now be a chaser drink, no longer my first drink of choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney O. said...

Aww - I had the same problem in college. Always drank bloody mary's or long island iced teas instead. If only I had learned to like beer sooner, I could have saved some mega-bucks in college!!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Travelin' PT said...

You know what Court? I've decided that I'd much rather spend $11 on a great tasting and strong martini vs. $10 on two beers that I don't like and that don't give me that happy feeling.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home