Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Juneau, AK

I never thought I'd travel to Alaska. I always said it was too cold and had no interest. To me, a vacation is going somewhere tropical with a warm breeze and waves hitting the beach. My mind was completely changed completely after spending a 4 day weekend with one of my best friends, Beth, who is finishing up a travel assignment in Juneau. One might think that there is nothing to do on such a small island, but there is a ton of stuff to do in Juneau and the nearby area. Flying out of Seattle was awesome because I saw endless skies of snow and glacier covered mountains. I arrived on Thurs night around 10pm and it was still light (cause they get like 20 hours of daylight during the summer--have you seen the movies Insomnia?) to go to the Mendenhall glacier and take pics. It was such an awesome introduction.



On Friday we drove around Juneau, and Douglas Island, took the tram up part of Mount Roberts and saw a bald eagle up close, hiked out to Nugget falls on Lake Mendenhall, went to a fish hatchery, and took a helicopter (what a rush!!) ride to and hiked on the Mendenhall glacier. That was the highlight of the trip!!












For more glacier photos go to Beth's on-line photo album at and check out the bottom of the page too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home