Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Friday, July 21, 2006

You Call That Art?

Don't you really hate it when you see a small black rectangle next to a large red square that's on a large sheet of canvas, and it's called "Envy," and it's considered art. How hard is that to do? I could totally do that. I just choose not to.

My friend and I spent ~ 2hours at the Phoenix Art Museum (you're not missing anything) and first we went through the modern art exhibit. At one point we pretty much walked into a pitch black room w/ a fogger device and it apparently was called art. I was like "where's the real art?" Seriously. Or how about the revolving halogen lamp that relected light onto the walls of the round room? Or the video clip that was mostly black nothingness accompanied by music. I wonder if they accept living arts. What if I stood there on a small block wearing a jeans and a t-shirt that said "my art is better than your art," or "the real art's upstairs," or "my friend went to Phoenix and all I got was this stupid t-shirt they call art."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm originally from Phoenix!

Yeah, that whole slopping random colors on a canvas and selling it for thousands of dollars has always pissed me off. It's like, my 2 year old nephew could've done the same thing.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

I've always wanted to do that - draw random square/circle and see if I can sell it. I swear, some of that crap is simple geometry...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Travelin' PT said...

You don't even have to know geometry to do this!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home