Where is she now?

Find out what great cities I've lived in and visited on my adventures as a traveling P.T.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Seven Summits of the Valley



I know I will never hike/climb the Seven Summits of the world (Kilimanjaro, Denali, Elbrus, Aconcagua, Carstensz Pyramid, Vinson, and Everest). But I just found out after some exploring on the internet that I can do this on a smaller scale in Phoenix. From the hardest to the easiest, the seven summits are:


1. Camelback Mountain
2. South Mountain
3. Piestawa Peak
4. Shaw Butte
5. North Mountain
6. Lookout Mountain
7. Shadow Mountain

I had already hiked 2 (Camelback & Piestawa Peak) before I knew about the Seven Summits of the Valley. This morning I completed 2 more (Lookout Mountain & Shaw Butte). Here's some pics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney O. said...

Yeah - I didnt know either...but you've done much more than I have - thus far, I've only hiked the seven stores in the mall :)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Travelin' PT said...

I only know the 7 summits 'cause I had a cheat sheet. I only knew 1 or 2 on my own.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home